Re: accidental-style for the whole score

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: accidental-style for the whole score
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 18:02:54 +0100

Stefan Thomas wrote:
Dear Alexander,
thanks for Your answer.
Where Do I have to put in #(set-accidental-style 'modern 'Score) ? In the first staff of the score? Or can I put it in the layout-block?

Where did you put it without 'Score? :-)

I'm not sure about the layout block, but it might work.
Otherwise, you have several options - the easiest thing is to put it in some voice (like you did before), but this is not the nicest approach, I guess.

What I usually do for this score-scope stuff looks like the following:

barlines = { s1 \bar "||" s1 \bar "|." }
breaks = { s1 \break s1 \pageBreak }
marks = { \mark "Piece starts here" s1 \mark "In the middle" }

\score {
  <<
    \new Devnull {
      \barlines
      \breaks
      \marks
      #(set-accidental-style 'whatever-you-want 'Score)
    }

  \layout {}
}

With the Devnull, I always know where I stuffed those setting into and don't delete or comment out them accidentally. And since those work for the whole score anyway, I don't need them inside a Staff context.

Cheers,
Alexander