Re: Special layout for a score : four hands

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Special layout for a score : four hands
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 12:52:31 -0500

Hi Werner,

I think this is something completely different – you don't need the
requirement of identical number of bars on each double-page;

True... but I still don't necessarily see it as "completely different": the requirements of drawing from two different music streams (e.g., Primo and Secondo) and synchronizing bar count across pages *could* simply be switches.

Off the top of my head, I can immediately see other uses/examples of the same algorithm, e.g., score on one side and markup on the other for musicological purposes.

additionally, there are plenty of postprocessor tools (for example,
`pstops' for PostScript files) which allow shuffling around of pages
for exactly this purpose.

Sure, but Lilypond users shouldn't have to keep going outside Lilypond for something as standard and useful as booklet layout(s).

Cheers,
Kieren.