Re: Switching music for PDF and Midi

From: Peter Chubb
Subject: Re: Switching music for PDF and Midi
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:30:30 +1100

>>>>> "Akira" == Akira  <address@hidden> writes:

Akira> What I want to say is just on this picture. Please see this
Akira> picture:
Akira>
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Rub71FvXx30/Sv1NLn_iKgI/AAAAAAAAADc/I-Amwi5RrK8/differentmusicpdfmidi.JPG

Akira> I'm typesetting a piece that includes trills, but a problem
Akira> occurred: trill spanners does not work in midi.  So I have to
Akira> switch different notations like:

An alternative is to use my `articulate' script that attempts to
rewrite trill and trillspanners to do the `right thing'.  It's a
little limited (it doesn't obey sharp of flat notations, and always
starts on  the upper note, according to baroque practice, and it
sometimes gets the time for each twiddle wrong) but it's a start.

http://www.nicta.com.au/people/chubbp/articulate

I'll be putting a new version up soon.