Re: Slur placement in tablature

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Slur placement in tablature
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 09:15:46 +0100

Hello Mike,

oldwhtman schrieb:
I'm using Lilypond 2.12.2 on a Linux system.  I'm trying to use \slur to
indicate ligato (pull off) from a grace note.  It is a two voice system and
the slur is on the first voice which has stems pointing upward.  Lilypond
draws the slur symbol above the stems instead of above the fret numbers.  It
would look better, if the slur would be 'attached' to the fret numbers
instead of the stems ... as it would appear if the notes were tied.  Is it
possible to do this?  I tried changing the slur to appear below the fret
numbers with \slurDown, but the slur collided with a fret number just below
the fret number it should connect to. It looked just as bad as the default
placement above the stems.
There have been some improvements lately, so I recommend you to install version 2.13.x from the lilypond website. In addition, a small example of your score would be helpful, so we can help you more
easily.

Also, how can I make the grace fret number
smaller?
With 2.13.x this is the default already.

There is a separate mailing list for tablature issues, so if you're
interested, I invite you to join in:

http://lists.lilynet.net/tablatures

Marc