Re: Sinterklaas collisions

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Sinterklaas collisions
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 22:20:24 +1100

Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
Hi,

Dutch Lilyponders might have noticed: Sinterklaas is here again :-)
For my youngest pupils I created a score of "Zie Ginds Komt De Stoomboot" last year. I tried to compile it again, now with lilypond development version 2.13.7. I don't like the result at all: I'm getting bad collisions between notes and sharps, and notes and chord symbols. One year ago with 2.12.x everything still looked fine.

I'm sure this can be fixed with some tweakings and overrides, but I don't like that. The fact that Lilypond is (was ?) able to avoid these kind of collisions automatically was one of the reasons to start using Lilypond in the first place.

I have attached the problematic scores. Please try with 2.12 and 2.13 and see the difference. Where between 2.12.x and 2.13.x did things go wrong ?
I hope this can be fixed by the developers.
The problem seems related to \easyHeadsOn and accidentals. Remove \easyHeadsOn and there are no collisions. You can demonstrate the problem with:

\version "2.13.7"

\relative c' {
   c d ees fis
   \easyHeadsOn