Re: page formatting and lilypond-book

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: page formatting and lilypond-book
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 16:33:07 +0100

Lilypond-book detects what line-width is used in the LaTeX document, and applies it to the included scores, so in general you should not have any \paper in the ly files. If you want to do such settings and have lilypond-book respect them, then you could try adding a \book{...} block around your current contents of the .ly file. Then, also the page breaks will be determined by LilyPond, whereas it otherwise is LaTeX that determines the page breaks when using lilypond-book.

  /Mats

Quoting Federico Bruni <address@hidden>:

Hi fellows,

I'm still trying to get a book with lilypond-book. (I'm on linux and use lilypond 2.13.7).

I've managed to almost center the .ly files included (with the geometry package), but still I can't keep the page formatting of each file (i.e. each file has a \paper section, but it is ignored by lilypond-book).

Should I not use \paper in the ly files? If so, where should I put the information about page formatting? Somewhere else in the ly file? Or somehow in the .lytex file?

Or maybe I need an option for \lilypondfile... but which one?
Where I can find more information about it?

Yes, I'm lost. Any help or link appreciated.

This is the basic .lytex file (if you need a tiny example or whatever, please let me know):

\documentclass[a4paper]{book}
%\usepackage{fullpage}
\usepackage{graphics}
\usepackage[a4paper,top=3cm,bottom=3cm,left=1.5cm,right=1.5cm]{geometry}

\begin{document}

\lilypondfile[]{ly/file1.ly}
\pagebreak

\lilypondfile[]{ly/file2.ly}