Re: Chords with tie: a bug?

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: Chords with tie: a bug?
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:48:35 +0100

Op zondag 15 november 2009 schreef Richard:

> Lilypond 2.13.6 has what looks like a bug: when two chords are to be tied,

> and there are notes that should be tied, and also notes that are on the

> same level but have different pitches and thus should not be tied,

> sometimes the latter are tied and the former are not.

Actually LilyPond ties the right notes, but moves the Tie due to the accidentals (LP does not want to draw the Tie accross accidentals). The tie should be flipped instead (you can do that manually with a ^ or _ before the ~ ). I found that if a sharp is used instead of a flat, the tie flips. If a flat is used, its stem is apparently to high, causing LP to move the tie downwards instead.

\version "2.12.0"

%{
  This is interesting: the tie flips if there is a sharp
  but is moved downwards if there is a flat. This causes
  the impression that the wrong notes are tied.
%}

{ <a'~ f'>4 <a' fis'> }
{ <a'~ f'>4 <a' fes'> }

best regards,