Re: page formatting and lilypond-book

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: page formatting and lilypond-book
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:59:23 +0100

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Lilypond-book detects what line-width is used in the LaTeX document, and applies it to the included scores, so in general you should not have any \paper in the ly files. If you want to do such settings and have lilypond-book respect them, then you could try adding a \book{...} block around your current contents of the .ly file. Then, also the page breaks will be determined by LilyPond, whereas it otherwise is LaTeX that determines the page breaks when using lilypond-book.

  /Mats

Thank Mats, that works!
Now I can set up easily a book with LilyPond and LaTeX..
.. it was the last obstacle in my getting started with LP.

So, the file structure of my input .ly files is:

\header
\paper
[variables]
\book
  \score

In the .lytex file I had to specify the line-width of the .ly files and put a 0 margin, in order to center all the files:

\documentclass[a4paper]{book}
\usepackage{graphics}
\usepackage[margin=0cm]{geometry}

\begin{document}

\lilypondfile[line-width=180]{ly/file1.ly}
\pagebreak

\lilypondfile[line-width=180]{ly/file2.ly}
\pagebreak

\end{document}

Do you think it could be useful if we add it to the Doc?

--
Federico Bruni  |  http://www.gnurag.net/blog/

LibrePlanet Italia
http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/LibrePlanetItalia