Re: No string for pitch #<Pitch

From: Jesús Guillermo Andrade
Subject: Re: No string for pitch #<Pitch
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:29:51 -0430

David:
El 18/11/2009, a las 02:51 a.m., David Kastrup escribió:

Sounds like Lilypond is running out of strings for the given chords.
Just a wild guess.

Yes.. it is kind of shocking right?. But fact is that the notes listed by lilypond, I have surmised, are part of the chords I have already specified using this method:

%(define-public cuatro-tuning '(4 -1 -5 -10 -15 -20))
cuatrotuning = #'(11 18 14 9)
%%  C chords

\storePredefinedDiagram \chordmode {c}
                        #cuatrotuning
                        #"3-3;2-2;1-1-(;1-1-);"
\storePredefinedDiagram \chordmode {c:7}
                        #cuatrotuning
                        #"1-1-(;2-2;;1-1-);"

Then, after storing several chords of the same id as before (i.e. c, c: 7 etc) in the harmonies variable, I used this form to make the conversion into good frets:

 \new FretBoards {
      \set stringTunings = #cuatrotuning
      \override FretBoard
        #'(fret-diagram-details string-count) = #'4
      \override FretBoard
        #'(fret-diagram-details finger-code) = #'in-dot
      \harmonies
        }

So... the only thing that comes to my mind is that lilypond, somehow, constructs these chords as it sees fit (in terms of octave placement) then checks if all notes CAN or COULD be played by the strings. if the pitch is out of range, then it prints the warning. All that said, though, it should be possible to force lilypond into not going up, but down the neck of the instrument.
Now: any ideas?