Re: repeated music

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: repeated music
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 02:15:35 +0100

Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
You could try something like

basis=\relative c { <<
        { f8( f'4 f8) } \\
        { f,2 }
}

\basis
\transpose c d { \basis }
\transpose c e { \basis }

Oh, damn. Now how clever is this?! I suggest you use Frank's solution... Kudos. :-)

A more complex, yet more funcion-like approach would be to write a function (scheme?) that takes a note as input and prints out the apropriate notes. But this is the easiest way _I_ can think of.

Den Wald vor lauter Bäumen nicht gesehen, kaum dass ich an meiner schönen Funktion rumgebastelt habe.
Well, this is stuff to come for the next version. :-)

Cheers,
Alexander