Re: \set vs \override

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: \set vs \override
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:26:08 +1100

On this subject of set vs override, if I want rehearsal marks to be boxed letters and also want to use the letter I as a rehearsal mark, how can I do that. Each set command overwrites the previous value of the context property, so if I use:

   \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-box-letters
   \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-alphabet

then I get "I" as a rehearsal mark but the letters aren't boxed, and if I use:

   \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-alphabet
   \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-box-letters

then "I" is skipped as a rehearsal mark. I suppose, to answer my own question, I can keep count of the rehearsal marks and manually enter "I" myself:

\relative c' {
   \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-box-letters
   c c c c \mark \default
   c c c c \mark \default
   c c c c \mark \default
   c c c c \mark \default