Re: confusion in text spanning

From: Hugh Myers
Subject: Re: confusion in text spanning
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 20:25:12 -0700

Since the piece in question, Malaguena, already has mixed monophony
and polyphony, as well as tablature, adding voices to it doesn't seem
like a very good idea. Yes, I'm aware that <<,\\ >> is shorthand for
voicing, but since it is shorthand, the visual complexity of the score
is kept to a readable level. Having to go backwards seems problematic
at best. Oh well, have to deal with what is, so I guess I will
painfully convert back to explicit voicing (again--- I was quite happy
when I was able to simplify it away the first time.)

--hsm