Re: confusion in text spanning

From: Hugh Myers
Subject: Re: confusion in text spanning
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 14:53:07 -0700

Here is the template I'm working with. The notes are nonsense, but the
problems are the ones I've run into and have had to solve...

\version "2.13.7"

 upper = {
  c4 d e f \startTextSpan % polyphonic
  \repeat volta 2 {
    g4 a b c % monophonic, see below
  }
  \alternative {
    { b4 \stopTextSpan g e c } % polyphonic again
    { \repeat volta 2 {
        \bar ":|.|:"
        b'4 g e c
  e g a b
 }

 lower = {
  c,2 g2 % polyphonic
  s1 % a spacer "disables" this voice tamporarily
  g2 c2 % and here we are again.
  g2 c2 % and here we are again.
  c2 g2
}

ringer = {
  \textSpannerDown
  \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = "let ring "
}

<<
  \new Staff \relative c'' {
    <<
      \new Voice = "1" { \ringer \voiceOne \upper }
      \new Voice = "2" { \voiceTwo \lower }

  }
  \new TabStaff \relative c' {
    <<
      \new TabVoice = "t1" { \voiceOne \upper }
      \new TabVoice = "t2" { \voiceTwo \lower }

  }

This demonstrates mixed mono and poly with tab. It also has spanned text.

--hsm