Re: staffname not shown

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: staffname not shown
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 14:32:53 +0100

James Bailey <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't understand why either, but you get around the problem by using
> the \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "Ausführung" } syntax.  I'm
> 100% percent sure that the culprit is the umlaut, although why,  is
> beyond me. It's probably a bug.

The Umlaut is a separate bug.  Using the name "Ausfuhrung" does not help
the name to appear.  The problem here rather is the grace note.  It
apparently causes the staffs to be instantiated "before time", and the
second \set gets executed only "at time".

You can work around with a \grace s8 in the second voice, but \with is
probably cleaner.