Re: Piano /centered/ dynamics

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Piano /centered/ dynamics
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:58:07 +0100

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Kieren MacMillan
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> is it possible to have the Dynamics (the \p in the example below)
>> in a layout like the "Piano centered dynamics" really centered
>> between the staves (i.e., the staff lines), instead of centered
>> between the skylines of all elements in the staves?

> I offered to $pon$or such a feature 18 months ago, but nobody has taken me
> up on the offer:
>  <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-06/msg00591.html>

I'm Ccing Joe, as I believe his recent work on vertical spacing has
potentially made this a lot easier to implement. (Although I'm not
sure bribes work on him ;-)

> Maybe together [with the help of one of the gurus] we can finally tackle
> this once and for all?

As far as I'm concerned, I'd happily open a page in the tracker to
keep, well, track of what's happening wrt the Dynamics and PianoStaff
contexts. But I'm not sure what to put in it.

Cheers,
Valentin