collatoral damage / regressions (was: page break failure)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: collatoral damage / regressions (was: page break failure)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 23:23:57 +0000

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 05:33:55AM -0700, Hugh Myers wrote:
> Hadn't realized that a policy of
> collateral damage was allowed. Given your approach to testing (and
> your experience) this should work as well as more conservative
> approaches.

As Alexander wrote, it's not so much that collateral damage is
"allowed", it's that we don't have the resources to ensure that it
never occurs.  My fundamental job, above all else, is
organization.  I match up willing volunteers (and sometimes
pressure unwilling volunteers) with problems in lilypond
development.

There are few people willing to help track regressions; from that,
I conclude that this is not a priority for users.  If anybody
would like to help, please see:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/web/help-us

I have more info specific to regressions ("collatoral damage"), if
anybody would like to help with this.

Cheers,
- Graham