Re: Is there a perl script to partially convert ascii tabs to lilypond

From: Hugh Myers
Subject: Re: Is there a perl script to partially convert ascii tabs to lilypond input?
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 05:05:00 -0700

I asked the question (after googling I might add ;-) ) because I
figured if anything was on going it would have been heard about here.
Mostly I asked in order to avoid re-inventing the wheel. While I don't
claim to have solved the problem, what I do have is what I call an 80%
solution. It will read in an ascii text file and produce an .ly file.
It does so with no effort to solve any of the trickier problems
involved, as yet not even the features I more or less plan on--- this
is something I started a year or so ago and only now have gotten back
to. Mostly I write these sort of things because the challenge is
interesting, giving me a chance to learn about the language or the
problem or both...

--hsm