Re: tom tom staff

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: tom tom staff
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 10:07:46 +0100

> On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 07:50:32AM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
>> 胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Then here's a visual
>> > problem: When I set the line-count to 3, will the clef position 0 be
>> > the middle line?
>>
>> Wouldn't trying it out help?
>
> That's easy for people who can see, but blind users need to ask a
> sighted person.

True.  Even then, the usual workflow would involve a writing phase, and
formatting phase guided by visual feedback.

I find in the menu under the chapter "Staff symbol" an example
(lilypond-notation)Top:: > *Note Musical notation:: > *Note Staff
notation:: > *Note Modifying single staves:: > Staff symbol

It is apparent that modifying the line count to 3 will not change the
vertical position of the notes.  The clef/note relation is not disturbed
by the number of lines apparently.

The question is whether the text should be more explicit for visually
impaired readers (which actually include all persons with a text
browser, or using standalone info without image support).

> Even if we had braille output (which was started, but then abandoned,
> a few years ago), the question is still entirely suitable, as it
> relates to the visual display of typical scores.

Does braille output have the equivalent of lines?

--
David Kastrup