Re: parallelMusic and repeat

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: parallelMusic and repeat
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 18:26:31 +0100

Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

> Alexander Kobel wrote:
>> Federico Bruni wrote:
>>> Even this (just repeat without alternatives) does not work:
>>>
>>> \parallelMusic #'(VoiceA VoiceB) {
>>>   \repeat volta 2 {
>>>   r4 g' c e ~ |
>>>   c,1 |
>>>
>>>   e4 g, c e ~ |
>>>   b1 |
>>>   }
>>> }
>>
>> Everything inside the \repeat braces is considered as a single music
>> expression, so I'm not surprised if \parallelMusic does not even try to
>> subdivide it.
>>

> ok, now I see, thanks.

I think it should be reasonably easy to let \parallelMusic not just
destructure a toplevel SequentialMusic at bar breaks, but recursively
treat a number of structures and fold them into voices.  I'll try to
figure out something tomorrow.

That does not make the use of \parallelMusic a better idea.

--
David Kastrup