Re: page breaking issues

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: page breaking issues
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 13:13:39 +0100

Please tell us what version of LilyPond you are using. The corresponding algorithms have been improved in version 2.13.x, but may still need some fine tuning.

  /Mats

Orm Finnendahl wrote:
Hi,

 I'm arranging piano parts for optimal page turning and have a lot of
trouble getting it right by tweaking system sizes, inserting \break
and \nobreak, adjusting system-count, recompiling and hoping that this
time the pages break at the right place (just to find out that the
page break I'm working on is ok, but the previous one moved in the
meantime... sigh).

This is an extremely time consuming process, especially as it is
clearly visible that e.g. there would be one more system fitting on
one page and such but there seems no way of forcing lilypond to do so
even if systems would run into each other.

Does anybody know some tricks to persuade lily to be a little bit more
accomodating to my needs? Maybe I'm not getting something. It might
happen that I will end up doing it the old way with scissors and
glue. My nerves sure would appreciate that ;-)

BTW: That's not a flame: Lilypond is a very fine piece of software!

--
Orm

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing