Distancing custom articulations from the note

From: Luca Rossetto Casel
Subject: Distancing custom articulations from the note
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 19:10:27 +0100

Hello,

I'm using Lilypond to produce (among other simpler things) the modern edition of a XVIII century opera for my Ph.D. dissertation. I'm very happy with it: it's an extremely powerful, flexible piece of software.

In my score, I have to use some modified symbols as editorial annotations. And this is my problem: I have found and adapted to my needs a snippet to print smaller articulations. Here it is the staccato one:

smallStaccato =
#(let ((m (make-music 'ArticulationEvent 'articulation-type "staccato")))
    (ly:music-set-property! m 'tweaks
      (acons 'font-size -3 (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)))
    m)

It works, but the articulation is too close to the note where it's placed. How can I modify it in order to increase the distance between the articulation and the note?

Excuse me for my English and thanks in advance,

   Luca,
   Italy

--
Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP
autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Conto Arancio ti regala 100 Euro da spendere su Media World on line. Cosa
aspetti, aprilo subito!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=9983&d=13-12