Re: Vertical spacing in 2.13

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing in 2.13
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:56:16 -0800

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 08:01 +1100, Nick Payne wrote:
> How is vertical spacing between staves controlled now in 2.13.x? In
> s.4.4.1 and s.4.4.2 the NR for 2.13.9 still talks about using \override
> Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent and between-system-padding in
> the \paper section, but neither of these now appear to do anything.

Thanks for the reminder; I still need to rewrite these sections.
Vertical spacing has changed significantly since 2.13.3ish and there are
a lot of new knobs to tweak. The new variables are documented in the
internals reference and in section 4.1.2 of the notation reference.

You can also find more information about the changes in the list
archives. For example, search for the subject "Dead lyrics context still
occupies vertical space" in the lily-devel archives.

Cheers,
Joe