Re: Problem, probably with Lilypondtool

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Problem, probably with Lilypondtool
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:25:11 +0100

Il 16/12/2009 21:35, Nick Payne ha scritto:
When I use jEdit/Lilypondtool on Linux, about one time in four or five
that I run Lilypond from the LPT toolbar, Lilypondtool doesn't recognise
when Lilypond has finished processing, doesn't return with the "Lilypond
ready" prompt in the console window after the PDf has been generated,
and the updated output doesn't appear in the PDF preview window, though
I can open the newly created PDF in Evince. I have to click the "Stop"
button in the console window toolbar to get processing to stop and the
PDF preview to refresh. I've had the problem with several different
versions of Lilypond, with both jEdit 4.3pre17 and 4.3pre18, and on both
32-bit and 64-bit Ubuntu. I have never seen the same problem when using
LP and LPT on Windows.

Yes, I noticed the same problem some days ago. I always use Frescobaldi but I had a "segmentation fault" error (now fixed with new package) so I was forced to use LilypondTool.

I have jEdit 4.3pre18 on Debian.

I've done some tests now but I can't reproduce the problem..

Federico
--
http://gnurag.net/blog/
http://fsfe.org/