Re: GUI

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: GUI
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:34:26 +0100

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> No.  The alternate input page is extremely easy to find.

With all due respect, you may be missing the point here. Bertalan's
suggestion, as I read it, wasn't so much about the website
presentation than the program distribution/packaging/bundling itself;
it would be veeeery nice (again) to have enough resources to
distribute various ready-to-use *bundles* that would include at least
LilyPond PLUS a pre-configured editor (Fresco, LPT, Emacs, whatever)
plus a PDF viewer. In fact, it would be so nice that if we were to
have such a thing, we'd definitely want to advertise it as much as we
can.
As I mentioned, there's no point discussing it until we have enough
resources to maintain such a thing. If at all possible.

Cheers,
Valentin