Re: GUI

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: GUI
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:53:37 +0100

2009/12/18 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
>> So the question is what action from the clicking on the "downloaded
>> icon" will be the fastest leading to the average unsuspecting user
>> writing and processing their first "Michael row the boat ashore" kind of
>> file.
>
> The *first* question is "how do we discourage people who don't
> want lilypond from downloading it?"  Some people don't get text
> input, and will never take the time to learn.  Such as my mother,
> for example.

For example, a set of fair discouraging rules such as

Do you want to click the app icon and learn LilyPond just fiddling
without any doc reading?
Do you want to use your mouse and put the notes right on the staff?
Do you think the best way to get superb engraved music is with visual
proprietary software?

Then LilyPond is NOT for you. This is a serious, unusual tool.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com