Re: GUI

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GUI
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:54:51 +0000

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 10:47:26AM +0100, Francisco Vila wrote:
> 2009/12/18 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> > Hmm, on second thought, what about calling it "Easier editing"?
> > That alliterates, so it gets a 20% bonus to its attractiveness. :)
>
> I often call them Improved Environments.  They are not only to edit,
> but to compile, view PDF and P&C.

But my mother doesn't know an "environment" is.  I mean, she
doens't know any meaning other than the "global climate change /
pollution / general culture"  meaning.  I know that she knows what
"editing" is.  Granted, she's written and edited her masters and
PhD theses, so maybe she's not totally typical in this respect.

I still think that "editing" is easier to understand than
"environment".  Both for semi-literate computer users, and also
people without a good grasp of English.

Cheers,
- Graham