Re: padding at top of first page

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: padding at top of first page
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:03:06 +0100

Hugh Myers wrote:
How do I remove it such that each page begins at same top-left corner?
--hsm

Hi, Hugh,

there are a few settings mentioned in the paper layout which might help you, but there's quite a difference between 2.12.x and 2.13.y. Most notably are, of course, top-margin and left-margin, as well as indent, then come head-separation, page-top-spacing, top-title-spacing, top-system-spacing... Have a look at

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Page-formatting#Page-formatting
and

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/page-formatting#page-formatting
respectively.

Anyway, I assume if you really want the page tightly fitted around the glyphs, you might be in trouble, since some glyphs have an extent not matching the actual "drawn" region. If you're not afraid of using the command line, if you're on Linux (might work on Windows also, but I have no clue if you can get all the required tools there), and if the settings explained in the Notation Reference don't help, I can dig out a small script which really gives a tight crop. It's completely unaware of LilyPond, though, and I assume it only works for single pages, so you might have to use pdftk, jpdftweak or similar to burst the LilyPond output into single page PDFs, crop them and reassemble them again. Oh, and crops all borders, not just top and left, and I don't think there's an easy way to modify this.

Cheers,
Alexander