Re: off-topic somewhat: installing jedit/lilypondtool with no internet

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: off-topic somewhat: installing jedit/lilypondtool with no internet connection?
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 18:25:23 +0100

2009/12/18 chip <address@hidden>:
> Is it possible to just download everything needed to make an install disk
> that includes jedit/lilypondtool/other plugins (I have 17 plugins
> installed)? I want to get a computer that has no internet connection set up
> for working on music and lily.

Windows or Linux?

Java can be installed from a file. Jedit can be installed from a file
upon Java.  On a computer with internet connection, install the jedit
plugins and copy the settings folder where they live, I think this
could trick to an existing jedit install making it to behave just as
if the plugins were installed from the online plugin repo.

You could install it while online, then pull off the ethernet cable,
uninstall, and try to install again from the files while offline.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com