Re: inter staff spacing

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: inter staff spacing
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 21:34:59 +0100

Hugh Myers wrote:
Given:

\version "2.13.7"
[...]
How do I control the distance between the staff and the tab staff.
[...] I've played around with \override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup
#'minimum-Y-extent to no avail

Hi, Hugh,

AFAICS, the #'minimum-Y-extent does not work anymore for staves in 2.13.x; instead, try out the #'*-next-staff-spacing properties. They are mainly undocumented so far, AFAIK, but you can find some details in the Internals Reference for VerticalAxisGroup (2.13), and search for "vertical spacing" in the archives of lilypond-devel and lilypond-user for the past few months (especially the mails by Joe Neeman, who wrote the new vertical spacing algorithm).

Cheers,
Alexander