Re: Two different languages per verse

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Two different languages per verse
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:24:51 +0100

I would use exactly the same method as if I had ten verses in the same language, but I'm not sure what layout you want. If you want the Latin text above the stave and the English one below the stave, please take a look at the Template for SATB vocal score at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Vocal-ensembles#Vocal-ensembles which shows how to add lyrics both above and below a stave (though you should of course attach all the lyric lines to the same Voice and not to the two separate voices "sopranos" and "altos" as is done in that template).

   /Mats

Athanasius Pelletier wrote:
I have a song of five verses and I want Latin on the top and English on the bottom for each verse. How can I accomplish that?

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        School of Electrical Engineering
        Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)