Re: simple editor for windows

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: simple editor for windows
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 17:18:21 +0100

Frank Steinmetzger wrote:

Notepad can deal with UTF-8, also in XP, but it has the (bad?) habit of adding a BOM at the beginning, which confuses every other software that is not a text editor. Also, I believe to remember that it produces utf16 (always two bytes per character).

I just tried a small example with Notepad, saved as UTF-8 and Lilypond didn't have any problems to process the file. There was a recent discussion on the mailing list about problems when you \include a file that contains a so-called BOM at the beginning, but otherwise I wouldn't expect any problems when using standard Notepad.
Anyway, my recommendation would be Notepad++ as well.
I have no reason to disagree!

  /Mats