Re: question about tablature

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: question about tablature
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 19:42:13 -0000

Carl Sorensen wrote Saturday, December 26, 2009 7:07 PM

On 12/26/09 10:21 AM, "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

Carl Sorensen wrote Saturday, December 26, 2009 1:19 PM

On 12/26/09 5:16 AM, "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden>
wrote:

James Bailey wrote Saturday, December 26, 2009 9:37 AM
Subject: question about tablature

I don't know much about tablature, but are eighth notes supposed
have stems and beams?

Yes, if \tabFullNotation is invoked.

But there is a bug in 2.13.9 which prevents
autobeaming working in tablature.  Maybe this is
what you are seeing.

Has this bug been posted on the issues list?

No.  Happy to do so, but I sent this message
to -bug, thinking you might want to have a
look at it first, in case it was something
trivial.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2009-12/msg00407.html

Beaming works fine for me on 2.13.10, as tested with
input/regression/tablature-full-notation.ly.

I would expect that this error comes from a new (2.13.10) version of
scm/auto-beam.scm, and a 2.13.9 binary.

If you can send me a file that doesn't work, I'll investigate further.

Carl, sorry, sorry!  This is all a red herring :(

I'd updated my git repo without doing a fresh make,
so my scm code was incompatible with the c++ binary.
That was the cause of the error I saw.  All seems
fine after a fresh make.

I guess I haven't yet got used to running binaries
from git after 3 years of running GUB binaries.  Another
lesson learned.

Trevor