Re: \flageolet in \markup

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: \flageolet in \markup
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 11:59:23 -0500

Much appreciated, Xavier. I'll try it.

Ralph

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden> wrote:
Le Sun, 27 Dec 2009 09:55:26 -0500,
Ralph Palmer <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Greeetings -
>
> I'm running LilyPond 2.12.2 under Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala).
>
> I'm trying to include a flageolet (for indicating a natural harmonic
> on a stringed instrument) in a markup, and I can't figure out how to
> do it.

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand well, but to include the flageolet symbol
within a markup, the easiest way is to use
\musicglyph #"scripts.flageolet"

So for your snippet simply use
\markup { \raise #0.8 \musicglyph #"scripts.flageolet" = natural
harmonic. }

Full list of symbols available in the Emmentaler font that may be
accessed directly using text markup is there :
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/The-Feta-font

Hope this helps.
Sincerely,

Xavier