Titles and "localtitle"

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Titles and "localtitle"
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 17:35:46 -0500

Sorry about that - hit a wrong combination of keys.

Greetings and Happy New Year!

I'm running LilyPond 2.12.2 under Ubuntu 9.10. I'm transposing a bunch of violin etudes to make them viola etudes, and I've hit a snag. I'm making each etude a separate score. I've been using
\score {
{
    \music
}
\header {
    opus = "Name"
successfully with "music" held in another file included in the score file. When I came across some solos with titles, I tried including title, subtitle, and composer in the \header inside the \score block, but the title, subtitle, and composer didn't print. When I put the \header block immediately before the \score block, the headers printed at the beginning of the whole file. I'm not using an explicit \book block.

I took a look at the Learning Manual and at the Snippets List, and it looks like it was intended that "localtitle" and such were intended to work (and opus does work), but "localtiltle", "localcomposer", and "localpoet" don't print in the Snippets List either. Is this a known bug? Is there a known work-around?

Here's my Test.ly file:

%%%%  Begin Snippet %%%%

\version "2.12.2"
%\include "english.ly"