Re: Editing notes in a separate file

From: Gilles THIBAULT
Subject: Re: Editing notes in a separate file
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 11:18:10 +0100

I don't foresee anything happening for months if not years, but
I've added it to the tracker.  If I wasn't doing release and
manager tasks, I'd like to tackle it myself:

You can do something like this with the last version of
"extractMusic.ly" (see joined file) ( i have not updated the LSR
accordingly but you can see a short description
of the old version here :
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Search?q=extractmusic ).
I have added 2 functions : \insertMusic and \remplaceMusic
The syntaxe is something like that :
       \insertMusic \original s1*2 \modifA
               => insert \modifA in \original  after the 2 first measures
( s1*2 ) ( ie measure 3)
       \remplaceMusic \original s1*2 \modifB
               => remplace after the 2 first measures, the music found at
this moment in \original, by \modifB (the length
                   of the remplaced music will be the same as \modifB  )

If you have some complexe measure changes, you can set these changes in a
variable named \global (well you have not the choice of this name), and then
call these functions with \upToMeasure
           \insertMusic \original \upToMeasure #6 \modifA
                       => insert \modifA  at measure 6
           \remplaceMusic \original \upToMeasure #6 \modifA
                       => remplace \modifB  at measure 6

See extractTest.ly, also joined. I think it will be more clear with tthe examples ...

Gilles