Re: lilypond-book question

From: James Bailey
Subject: Re: lilypond-book question
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 10:57:41 +0100

On 05.01.2010, at 10:38, Graham Percival wrote:

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 10:35:07AM +0100, James Bailey wrote:
I have a question. Given this input file:
 \documentclass[a4paper]{article}
 \usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}

What;s the pdftex doing in there?

pdflatex always complains if I don't have it there

 \begin{document}
 \begin{lilypond}
 \relative c' { c2 a'2 \times 2/3 { f8 e d } c'2 g4 }
 \end{lilypond}
 \end{document}

Secondly, if the extension is changed to .lytex,

That's what it's supposed to be.

Then the documentation is wrong

LaTeX complains that
I'm asking to use pdf mode, but dvi mode was detected
! Package pdftex.def Error: PDF mode expected, but DVI mode detected!

This leads me to believe that there is some error in the lilypond- book
that precludes use of pdflatex. Am I missing something?

Start from the template in the docs.  Does the command in the docs
work with the template in the docs?  It definitely worked for me
at one point in time.

If the docs-way of doing it works, then figure out what's
different in your example.  If the docs-way doesn't work, then let
us know.

Of course all of this was just taken from the docs, which is why I was so confused. I've sent another email explaining the solution.