Re: center text in the middle of the page

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: center text in the middle of the page
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 08:14:45 -0500

Hi Federico:

> Centering horizontally is very simple: I use \fill-line and just one text.
> There's anything as simple to center the text vertically as well?
> So far I only managed to get it working with a silly workaround: \column and
> a long list of \line { \null } (see attached example).
> I'm sure there's some better solution, can you help me to find it?

With Joe's new spacing mechanism, you can center a score:

\version "2.13.9"

\paper {
  scoreTitleMarkup = ##f
  tagline = ##f
  ragged-last-bottom = ##f
  top-system-spacing = #'((space . 4) (padding . 4) (stretchability . 1))
  between-system-spacing = #'((space . 4) (padding . 4) (stretchability . 0))
  bottom-system-spacing = #'((space . 4) (padding . 4) (stretchability . 1))
}

\score {
  \relative c' { c d e f }
}

Maybe there's a way to do the same with a markup?

Hope this helps!
Kieren.