Re: lilypond-book question

From: James Bailey
Subject: Re: lilypond-book question
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 23:32:16 +0100

On 06.01.2010, at 23:04, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Quoting James Bailey <address@hidden>:

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 10:35:07AM +0100, James Bailey wrote:
I have a question. Given this input file:
 \documentclass[a4paper]{article}
 \usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}

What;s the pdftex doing in there?

pdflatex always complains if I don't have it there

That's weird! The graphicx package should automatically detect if you are using pdflatex or latex and choose the appropriate driver. Explicitly specifying this option is a bad idea in general. (Note that this has nothing to do with lilypond-book per se).

  /Mats

I've actually never tried it without explicitly stating pdftex as a graphicx option. Wonderfully, if I don't need the graphicx package, lilypond-book does add pdftex to the file so that it can be processed properly. That still doesn't make .pdftex a valid file extension, however.