Re: lilypond-book question

From: James Bailey
Subject: Re: lilypond-book question
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:34:23 +0100

On 07.01.2010, at 00:18, John Mandereau wrote:

James, sorry for having missed this email, but it surely has a missing
header that prevented my mail client to show it in the same thread as
other messages.

Le mardi 05 janvier 2010 à 10:53 +0100, James Bailey a écrit :
I realise the problems:

The correct command should be lilypond-book --latex-program=pdflatex
--pdf myfile.lytex
pdflatex myfile.tex

What do all (pdf)(La)TeX users on this list think about making
lilypond-book implcitly set latex-program option to 'pdflatex' if the
format is 'latex' and --pdf option is set?

I would send a patch, but I had a really bad experience last time I
tried to make a patch. Can someone make this change?

Sure, but if everybody agrees on making the change to lilypond- book, the
docs won't need to be changed.

Best,
John

Okay, I have my images and lilypond-book all sorted out. I wasn't understanding my output correctly, and I have to copy images to the - o folder (I figured lilypond-book would do that for me).

Regarding my pdflatex option, I have no problems using \usepackage [pdftex]{graphicx} with lilypond-book, as long as I explicitly state --latex-program=pdflatex as a lilypond-book option. Which is fine with me. I also have no problems using \usepackage{graphicx} with lilypond-book, and I don't even have to explicitly state the latex program as a lilypond-book option.

And Patrick says he has the typo in git with regards to the .pdftex extension sorted out.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me with this. Now I can go back to writing.