Re: Staff Tab notation support?

From: Eric Knapp
Subject: Re: Staff Tab notation support?
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 16:59:33 -0600

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Eric Knapp asked about doing something for Chapman Stick in 2008, but as far
> as I know, nothing ever came of it.
>
> I doubt that there are any developers here at LilyPond that will take the
> lead in developing Staff Tab notation, but I think you'll find lots of
> support if you want some help developing it yourself.
>
> HTH,
>
> Carl

I'm that Eric and I am still working on doing StaffTab in Lilypond. I
have a set of music functions that work for me just fine. However, as
you all know, getting them to the point where others could use them
easily is another matter. I also don't have everything working. The
string indicators are small lines or rectangles that show what string
the note is played on. For an instrument with 12 strings this is quite
important. However, I can't make a foolproof mechanism for this, yet.
I need to learn Scheme and write some fairly smart functions before
this will be the way I want it to be. For now I do everything except
the string indicators in lilypond and then add those in a graphics
program. Since my scores are not large, this works for me.

Should I put up a page with my work-in-progress? Would this be of
interest to anyone?

Thanks,

-Eric