Re: Sibelius conversion - sib2ly

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: Sibelius conversion - sib2ly
Date: 11 Jan 2010 11:04:03 +0100

Domain Admin <address@hidden> writes:

> If anyone's interested, I've started work on a Sibelius plug-in to
> export Lilypond data.

I've taken the liberty to enhance this plug-in to take care of bar
checks, bar numbers, ties, (start of) slurs, and measure rests.

http://johan.vromans.org/software/sib2ly.plg .

It requires Sibelius 5. There's a much better version of the original
plug-in available, but that requires Sibelius 6.1 which I've currently
not planned to upgrade to.

Feedback and improvements are welcome.

For the sake of completeness: this is the original annoucement:

Domain Admin <address@hidden> writes:

> If anyone's interested, I've started work on a Sibelius plug-in to
> export Lilypond data. I know there were rumors of such a thing
> floating around for a while, but I got tired of waiting and searching,
> so I just started to cobble one together.
>
> As of yet, all it can get from the score is some metadata such as
> title and composer, and each staff, containing all pitches, durations,
> key signatures, and time signatures.  Unfortunately, this excludes
> lines, barlines, tuplets, text, lyrics, and all that jazz.  Testing
> has been very minimal as of yet, but perhaps some of you would be
> willing to offer some feedback.  So far, I've got a few simple piano
> pieces expored into files that will compile right off the bat, which
> is what I was after for an evening of work.
>
> The plug-in is available at http://drupal.mjs-svc.com/sib2ly

-- Johan