Re: LilyPond 2.13.10 (OSX) Font Issues

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.13.10 (OSX) Font Issues
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 23:38:35 -0800

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 11:04 PM, Keaton Mowery <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to package LilyPond 2.13.10 for a source-based OS X x86
> package manager. It is currently building successfully and producing
> output. However, some of the fonts are a bit off, particularly the
> time signature. Here's an example of what works and what doesn't:
>
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41619/bad-fonts.png
>
> I get the same behavior when rendering each of the 2.12 examples.
> Here's a log of running LilyPond in verbose mode:
>
> http://pastebin.com/m26b634be
>
> Does anyone know what might be wrong? Please let me know if there's
> anything more I can provide. Thank you!

I suspect that LilyPond's configure script did not detect the required
Century Schoolbook fonts.  Unfortunately, we rely on Fontconfig to
find them, but this doesn't always work.

I think the workaround is to pass

  --with-ncsb-dir=/path/to/the/fontdir

to configure.

On my GNU/Linux system, these fonts are located here:

  /usr/share/fonts/Type1/c059016l.pfb
  /usr/share/fonts/Type1/c059036l.pfb
  /usr/share/fonts/Type1/c059033l.pfb
  /usr/share/fonts/Type1/c059013l.pfb

Hope this helps, and let us know if it doesn't work.

Thanks,
Patrick