Re: override lyric font size

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: override lyric font size
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:25:08 +0100

You should find answers to these questions in the Learning Manual, especially in Sections "4 Tweaking output" and "3.1.2 Score is a (single) compound musical expression".

 /Mats

Gerard McConnell wrote:
Hello,
Here I want to change the font size of the lyrics.  I've placed
\override #' font-size = # -2 before \addlyrics, just after it, inside the brackets, and various other
combinations with << >>.  How do I make the lyrics smaller here?
And probably more important, is there a way I should be looking at this
problem that will allow me to figure similar ones out by myself?
(example: I can't figure out why the extra { } is required inside \score { }.) \version "2.12.2" \layout {
    ragged-right = ##f
}
\score {
   {
       \set Staff.instrumentName = "1"
       \clef bass
       \time 2/4
       \relative c {
                    c8 c c4  d8  d  d4  e8 e e4   c2 \bar "|."
       }
\addlyrics {One and Two One and Two }
Thanks,
Gerard