Re: Version renaming on XP SP3 somehow incompatible

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Version renaming on XP SP3 somehow incompatible
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:53:01 -0000

Robin Bannister wrote Thursday, January 14, 2010 10:00 AM

I don't know where the cache is supposed be. I found two candidates:
folder fontconfig in %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp
and
folder .fontconfig in %USERPROFILE%

Moving these into a newly created folder at the same level had no effect. No replacement appeared, so these paths are probably no longer relevant. I use a batch file for the renaming switch, so it would be easy for me to automate any cache deletion or whatever. Since renaming still works for Trevor, I was wondering if my problem might be due to conflicts with other programs doing their own fontconfig things.

I doubt it as LilyPond uses its own special font cache. Unfortunately I
don't have recent versions installed under XP and I can't remember
where LilyPond kept its cache(s?) under XP.

Trevor