Trying to build latest dev version on OS X 10.6.2

From: Eric Knapp
Subject: Trying to build latest dev version on OS X 10.6.2
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:43:19 -0600

Hello,

I'm having problems trying to build lilypond from source. I just got
the source with this:

  git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git

Then I followed the instructions from Nicholas Sceaux here:

http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/index.php/2008/11/30/26-building-lilypond-from-git-sources-on-mac-os-105-intel

I had to upgrade all my macport dependencies and that was successful.

When I try to build, it will run for a very long time and then I get a
full crash of lilypond. In the terminal where I ran the build I get
this:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libsasl2.2.dylib
  Referenced from:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PasswordServer.framework/Versions/A/PasswordServer
  Reason: Incompatible library version: PasswordServer requires
version 3.0.0 or later, but libsasl2.2.dylib provides version 0.0.0
help2man: can't get `--help' info from out/lilypond
make[1]: *** [out/lilypond.1] Error 255
make: *** [all] Error 2

Then a big crash dialog window opens with this, which might have more
information:

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libsasl2.2.dylib
  Referenced from:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PasswordServer.framework/Versions/A/PasswordServer
  Reason: Incompatible library version: PasswordServer requires
version 3.0.0 or later, but libsasl2.2.dylib provides version 0.0.0

Does anyone see what my issue is?

Thanks,

-Eric