Re: Adding Rehearsal Marks, v2.12.2

From: rasAK
Subject: Re: Adding Rehearsal Marks, v2.12.2
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:00:15 -0800 (PST)

>This is probably best answered in the Notation Reference, section
> 3.3.2, different editions from one source

I looked through that section, but it wasn't clear to me how that solves my
problem.

I'm doing instrumental parts for a double-choir Bach motet.  The result will
be 9 parts (2 each of Vln I, Vln II, Vla, Cello + Double Bass).  With 30
rehearsal letters in the piece, I don't want to have to do that in 9
separate parts if I can avoid it.  Not to mention if (heaven forbid!) there
were any changes.

What I ended up doing was:

1) creating a separate part containing only rests AND the rehearsal letters.
2) I then added this part to my individual part \score { } sections.
3) Finally, I used \override to hide all staves with rests-only.

I just wasn't sure whether there was a better (standard?) way to do this.

Randy