Re: Adding Rehearsal Marks, v2.12.2

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Adding Rehearsal Marks, v2.12.2
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 19:10:41 -0500

Hi Randy,

> What I ended up doing was:
> 1) creating a separate part containing only rests AND the rehearsal letters.
> 2) I then added this part to my individual part \score { } sections.
> 3) Finally, I used \override to hide all staves with rests-only.
>
> I just wasn't sure whether there was a better (standard?) way to do this.

Yes.

1. Create a global variable — in it, include all time signatures, key
signatures, rehearsal letters, tempo changes, etc.: anything that every part
should contain. [Note: To "kill time", use skips, *not* rests!]
2. Create variables for each part's music.
3. Combine (using << ... >>) the global variable with the part's music variable
in the score and part(s).

There are lots of examples in the LSR and docs on how to do this.

Good luck!
Kieren.