Re: tempo text

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: tempo text
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:15:00 -0500

Hi Xavier,

> Well, actually there is a bug with MetronomeMark (\tempo)

I don't believe it's a "bug"… it's officially an enhancement request.  ;)

> which prevents to align it "the right way" (i.e. left-aligned on time
> signature for \tempo "text").

Correct.

However, that still doesn't mean we should overload the RehearsalMark to do
tempo indications. [I used to do this, so I'm not being "holier than thou"…] We
should:
    1. Use MetronomeMark, which can be #'X-offset tweaked to line up correctly.
    2. Keep pushing/begging for someone to add the feature you pointed out.

Now that I'm back from my conference, I'm hoping to get up and running with
lily-dev fairly quickly. [Famous last words?]
If I do, this is one of the first things on my to-do list.  =)

Cheers,
Kieren.