Re: wrong relative positions in snippet 632 when calling it nrepeatedly

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: wrong relative positions in snippet 632 when calling it nrepeatedly
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:35:57 +0000

In message <address@hidden>, -Eluze <address@hidden> writes

hi

Replying to a week old post ... but I can't see any other replies ...

when i run the code below with snippet 632, the c' of the 2nd line - and the
following notes - are an octave to high - i would expect it to behave like
when you use the same code without *\bbarre #…*

\version "2.13.10"
\relative c'{
      \clef "G_8" \stemUp
      \bbarre #"III" { <f a'>16[ c' d c d 8] }
      \bbarre #"III" { <f, a'>16[ c' d c d 8] }
}

did i misunderstand something?
btw, this happens also with version 2.12.3

I note you're using \relative - make sure you know "relative to what". And I don't know what bbare is doing ...

thanks!

If you need some way of "fixing" things getting too high (and it doesn't look particularly appropriate here, unless you put "\bbarre #"III" { <f a'>16[ c' d c d 8] }" into a snippet variable) you might find the "resetOctave" function handy. It might have made its way into the docs, or you might have to search the list archive (it'll be in an ancient post by me or Han-Wen).

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden