Re: vertical spacing issue

From: mike99
Subject: Re: vertical spacing issue
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:09:03 -0800 (PST)

Helge Kruse-2 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think, vertical spacing issues have been discussed often here. But
> even playing around with VerticalAxisGroup doesn't get my score in an
> acceptible design.
>
> The demerit is that the staves are pinned together while the dynamics
> line gets huge space. Can you get me a hint, what I have to tweak to
> control the spacing -- and probably same important where I have to add
> the tweaks?
>
> The complete score is at http://dj1na.gmxhome.de/score/LR3.ly
>
> Best regards,
> Helge

Hi Helge,

Have you tried any of the methods used in the Notation Reference, 4.4.3,
"Explicit staff and system positioning" and 4.4.4, "Two-pass vertical
spacing"? It might help if you first remove the statement
"between-system-padding = 25\mm" in the \paper block.

By the way, I'm running 2.12.2, but with that rendering I find the dynamics
almost cramped. I also got a lot of errors with the "BeamSettings" grob
(don't know if that is new in 2.13), and as far as I could tell, there were
missing spaces and "=" signs in there.

Sorry I couldn't help more, as I'm not running the development version.